Guide to Renting Real Estate
Information a tenant should receive before moving in
- Information pack relating to renting with LJ Hooker
- Copy of the tenancy agreement and relevant contact numbers
- Emailed copy of the condition report - to be checked and returned with amendments (if there was anything missing), then completed and signed, then returned to the office in the required time frame
- Photocopy of all keys and remote controls (if any)
- Local utilities services details
Your LJ Hooker property manager will be able to offer you additional information that is applicable to your particular circumstances.
Routine inspection checklist
Your property manager will carry out a periodic inspection of the property to ensure it is being well cared for and to identify any maintenance that may be needed. This inspection may include the following:
- The property is being maintained in a clean and tidy condition.
- The grounds are being maintained in a clean and tidy condition.
- The property is not being damaged in any way.
- There are no more than the number of people specified on the tenancy agreement are living at the property.
- No pets are housed at the property, unless otherwise agreed to.
- Any maintenance issues identified can be attended to (it's important urgent maintenance is report to your property manager straight away).